- 400g/14oz mixed ripe tomatoes – choose a mixture of sizes and colours (small Datterini or cherry, and larger plum tomatoes on the vine work nicely together)
- 2 x 250g packs of Galbani Mozzarella Maxi
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- handful basil leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
- Leave the smallest tomatoes whole, halve slightly bigger varieties and chunkily chop the largest. Squeeze the mozzarella in a sieve to get rid of any excess water, then tear into chunks and mix with the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, some sea salt, ground black pepper and a pinch of sugar – any kind will do. Leave to marinate at room temperature for an hour, or up to a day in the fridge if you can.
- Heat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Spread the tomato and mozzarella salad evenly across a baking dish, stirring in the basil as you go. Bake for 15 mins until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve straight away with crusty bread for scooping and dipping.
- Joe's tip: "Galbani Mozzarella Maxi is the perfect family size and great for slicing due to its cylindrical shape".