- 100g butter, melted
- 200g ginger nut biscuits
- 100g fresh or frozen cranberries
- Juice and zest 2 lemons
- 175g icing sugar, sifted
- 700g Galbani Mascarpone
- Use melted butter to grease a 20cm springform or loose-bottomed tin. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Put the biscuits in a food bag and bash with a rolling pin until fine crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the rest of the melted butter and press evenly into the tin base. Chill.
- Put the cranberries in a small saucepan with the juice from 1 lemon and 50g icing sugar. Heat, stirring, until the cranberries are popping and saucy. Allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the mascarpone, remaining lemon juice and all the zest, and the remaining icing sugar, until smooth. Add cooled cranberry compote and spoon onto the chilled biscuit base. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from the tin and cut into slices.
- Joe's tip: "Serve Mascarpone as an alternative to cream with other desserts such as Christmas pudding".